Monday, May 5, 2008

Jet-setting Baby!

Yeah, so I traveled to Texas recently. I flew in a big jet 30,000 feet above the ground through clouds, turbulence and stuff. The airline lost my luggage. No big deal. Mommy and daddy's good friend Ross was getting married so it was off to Texas so I could meet some of their college friends. They said I wasn't old enough yet to hear any stories.

The trip started off great. Uncle Mark and Aunt Leah were headed back to D.C. around the same time and we happened to bump into them at our gate! Yeah, more play time!

Uncle Mark is even goofier than daddy!

Ross and Rachel did things right and had an outdoor ceremony and reception. The weather was beautiful, so we just hung out on our blanket and enjoyed the day. And yeah, I know I'm totally cute in hats.

I haven't crawled yet and I have been thinking about just skipping it altogether and going straight to walking. You can kind of see the stroller handles in the background. That's the loaner American Airlines gave us since mine was probably halfway to Canada at the time.

There were lots of fun kids to play with at the wedding, but this one really liked hanging out with me and mommy.

The wedding was overlooking the Guadalupe River. We went down just after dark to sit on the dock for a little bit.

I was real comfortable with Liz, even if she's married to someone named "Nasty." Why do all of my parents' college friends have silly nicknames?

Here's that Nasty fella I was talking about. He seemed pretty nice to me. Daddy got photos of his other friends, but none with me. And since this is my blog, I'm only posting photos directly related to me. Sorry boys!

What a fun trip! Thank you Ross and Rachel for inviting us to your awesome wedding. I had a lot of "firsts" which were all fun, except for having my luggage lost. I thought I would be at least 1 year old before that happened to me. Oh well, like father like daughter I guess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, you have made your Mimi so proud! You communicate so well, and write just as cleverly as your Daddy. We look forward to reading more of your adventures and checking out your adorable pictures. I feel like the luckiest grandmother ever.